An SDLC ensures the quality and correctness of software by building it systematically. It ensures that high-quality end products meet customer expectations and fit within budgets. The process is a set of tasks that software engineers/developers perform at various stages of custom software development.
An SDLC describes how to plan, build and maintain software. Therefore, it’s crucial that software developers have prior knowledge of this process.
This article will enlighten you about the Software Development Life cycle from its inception to its importance and everything.
About Software Development Life Cycle
- A structured process of building or developing software with the highest quality and the lowest cost to the development team or the company.
- SDLC is planned to ensure the shortest software development time and for a seamless, on-time deployment.
- It helps in the detailed defining and outlining of the entire software process along with the proper stage-to-stage foolproof planning for better execution of the custom software development.
The Inception of SDLC Methodology
- The 1950s and 60s saw a rapid evolution and development of software-building processes.
- That swift evolution paved the way for a suitably streamlined software production framework which later got titled SDLC.
- Computing was not clear and elaborate before the 1950s.
- Slowly the scale, complexity and prominence of the software building grew. Accordingly, a better organized or structured software development process emerged as SDLC.
- That structured programming demanded better tactical models, which SDLC promisingly offers.
With TechRev, you can have industry-standard and premium software for your business with SDLC implementation. We are your go-to app development company with our expertize in sophisticated Android app development and high-grade iOS app development with agile SDLC methodology. We are also experts at developing consumer-oriented hybrid apps.
Importance of Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Adhering to SDLC will help the company minimize its development costs and risks associated with software production.
- It provides activities and deliverables defining a standardized framework for the company.
- Proper support for foolproof project planning, project estimation and scheduling.
- Project controlling and project tracking becomes easier.
- SDLC stakeholders can see every stage of the project and its results.
- Custom software development process speed is increased manifolds.
- Client relations have increased.
- The overall project cost and the project managing expenses are significantly reduced.
SDLC Security Role In The Custom Software Development Process
In the beginning, SDLC addressed security and safety as a separate activity which led to a lot of shortcomings in the overall project handling. Imperfections like higher risks, bugs and indefinite errors.
Due to this, modern SDLC processes have security protocols embedded throughout them. With this, an opportunity to find, fix and permanently rectory errors, bugs and risks is mitigated, leading to a smooth and successful result. Therefore, this SDLC evolved into a more “Secure – SDLC” process.
A secure SDLC methodology involves security assessments at every step. Security practices like penetration testing, code review, architecture analysis and threat modeling etc, become an integral part of the software development process. The following advantages are provided through the SDLC process:
- There won’t be any security concerns due to continuous security promises by the secure SDLC approach.
- Stakeholders will now have proper security awareness and information.
- The flaws of the system can be detected early.
- Issues are detected early and resolved quickly, resulting in a low-cost project.
- It significantly minimizes the intrinsic business risks of the organization.
Software Development Life Cycle Phases: Step By Step
Software development life cycle phases are:
- Planning Phase
Encompassing all aspects of the product and project, this stage is solely dedicated to planning and having a crystal clear roadmap to the entire SDLC process. Planning is the key to successful SDLC of custom mobile app development as well as software development process.
- Coding Phase
The coding Phase involves system designing in a development-encouraging and integrated environment. Code review as well as static code analysis are part of this phase.
- Building Phase
In this phase, the building requirements are considered to build the product. Then, whether it is Hybrid mobile app development or a native app, accordingly, the building moves forward.
- Testing Phase
In this phase, the software product is adequately evaluated and tested to ensure the desired results are intact. Finally, one method is chosen among different testing methods and followed.
- Release Phase
The release phase involves team packaging, team managing and releases deploying into different environments and locations as planned
- Deploy Phase
The software is released into the planned environments in this phase.
- Operate Phase
Software usage starts in those environments.
- Monitor Phase
Different elements and aspects of the software are monitored in this phase. This monitoring is essential for better improvement and upgradation.
Choose the Best Software Development Company!
TechRev is the top-ranking software development company following the agile development process. Our team of assiduous developers helps in hybrid mobile app development and other software app building requirements.
Innovation, creation and optimization of custom software products using advanced methodologies are our specialties.
Partner with us to get an edge over your competitors.