A lot of front-end frameworks and libraries have emerged, creating confusion over choice. In this blog, we’ll be making a fair and comprehensive comparison between React.js and Vue.js, two similar technologies used by developers all across the globe. We have tested both the technologies and come up with the results based on certain criteria.
What is React.js?
What is Vue.js?
React is a library, while Vue is a framework. However, they still share a significant amount of similarities. They both use a virtual DOM, maintain focus on the core library as concerns related to routing and GSM are handled by companion libraries. That being said, let’s compare the two.
When should you use React?
- High Reliability: The creator of technology is extremely important for both developers and their clients to feel secure. React is backed by Facebook and hence becomes a very reliable option. For an expensive project, developers usually recommend the technology that has been in the market for a longer period of time.
- Freedom to build: React has an advantage over Vue when it comes to flexibility by being a library. There are no limitations to building an app the way you want it with React. With React, you get to build the project your own way.
- Cross-platform mobile app: React provides shorter development life cycles and instant app deployment. It helps develop cross-platform apps that reuse the same code. This helps to save time as two different sets of codes do not need to be written from scratch.
- An ecosystem: React satisfies several project needs. Instead of being used singularly for web apps, it can also be used for single-page apps, Progressive Web Apps, mobile apps, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Internet of Things, etc. It is a complete ecosystem with thousands of third-party libraries and packages available out there.
When should you use Vue.js?
- Light but powerful: Vue is the smallest one when compared to most frameworks. React is quite lightweight on its own, but Vue is still half its size at 23K. Despite its small size, Vue provides amazing performance.
- Easy Learning Curve: Since Vue is simple and easily understandable, the learning curve is easy. Web developers can easily spot errors in their code because of the simple structure of Vue.
React and Vue are both excellent technologies to build web apps. Choosing one based on your project needs can maximize the ease of development and minimize the cost. For more insights on choosing the best technologies for app development, contact our experts at TechRev, a top web app development company.